To Our Residents and Family Members:
We want to continue to provide you with updates on the situation at Edgewood regarding the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, and the efforts we are undertaking. Weekly updates will immediately be available at (https://edgewoodhr.com/covid-19-updates/). The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our top priority. As of 1/19/2022 we have additional positive resident and employee cases. We continue to do what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within Edgewood.
Edgewood continues to stay in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all the appropriate steps under current circumstances. We are also following guidance from the CDC and CMS to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
• Enhanced infection control precautions
• Screening residents, staff, and visitors for symptoms
• Testing staff and residents for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
• Postponing or carefully limiting communal activities including social distancing and other infection control precautions
• During an outbreak residents and employees will be tested twice weekly or when symptomatic.
• Residents who are positive, exposed, or systematic are in isolation.
• Positive staff are excluded from work until they are recovered.
Due to government privacy requirements, we cannot divulge specific information about the individuals who have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, unless they are your family member, and you have the necessary permissions to receive such information.
We know you are concerned about your loved one. We will contact you directly if your loved one is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We need your help in battling COVID-19. Please visit the CDC website (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus) to learn how you can help prevent the spread in our community, since continued spread in the larger community increases the chance the virus will work its way into our building.
This is a difficult time for everyone. We will continue to provide you with weekly updates. Please know that we are adhering to guidelines from the local and state health departments, which continue to evolve as we learn more about this virus.
We know that you may have questions and we encourage you to contact our facility. Please call us at 269-279-7441 for any questions or updates on the status of your loved one
You must be logged in to post a comment.